Founded in 1977, Lipoid is a globally leading manufacturer of lecithins and phospholipids for the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and dietetic industries. Lipoid also distributes botanical extracts and botanical actives made by Cosmetochem International, a member of the Lipoid Group of Companies.
Lipoid is headquartered in Europe and is privately held. Our high-grade products are scientifically developed in Lipoid’s and Cosmetochem’s laboratories and are manufactured by Lipoid on an industrial scale and marketed globally.
Lipoid is seeking a:
Senior Manager of Business Development - Cosmetics
in order to deepen our market penetration in North America.
The position is based in Newark, NJ at The National Newark Building (less than 2 blocks from Newark Penn Station).
While principally the assignment is to be engaged in the cosmetics and personal care industry, there will be opportunities to sell Lipoid’s ingredients in the pharmaceutical industry as well.
- Sell Cosmetochem’s botanical products in North America to the cosmetic and personal care industries
- Sell Lipoid’s lecithin products in North America to the cosmetic and personal care industries
- Sell Lipoid’s lecithin products in North America to dermatology and pharmaceutical companies; Provide technical consulting to customers for the application of our ingredients in their products
- Make presentations at trade shows
- Support the scientific department in their preparation of technical documents for internal and external use
- Review and analyze scientific literature to remain well-versed in the technical aspects of the cosmetic and personal care industries;
- Become knowledgeable in the use of phospholipids in the pharmaceutical industry
- Lipoid, LLC offers excellent salaries to the appropriate candidates and excellent medical and SIMPLE IRA retirement plans.
- A scientific degree ( B. Sc.M.Sc. or Ph.D.) in chemistry, biology and or related field
- Successful experience in the sales and or marketing of cosmetic ingredients is required
- Readiness to travel extensively in North America and as required
This position will report directly to our Director of Business Development.
Able to travel to Germany and Switzerland for training. The principal activity of the position is visiting customer locations; however there are annual trips to Europe to interact with others in the Lipoid Group of Companies.
If interested, please submit your request by mail or email to:
ATT: Bruce H. Baretz, Ph.D.
744 Broad Street - Suite 1801
Newark NJ 07102.
e-Mail: bbaretz [at] lipoid [dot] com
An Equal Opportunity Employer
There are two open positions - one with a focus on cosmetics and one with a focus on pharmaceutical (formulation) customers. Depending on the interests and skills of the new hires, these positions can overlap or can be more narrowly defined.